Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, with over 20 million active customers in 15 countries. It is transforming from an e-commerce company into a multi-service platform that provides fashion as a service. The 2000+ member strong Zalando tech community has built our platform in-house, using Open Source and cutting-edge technologies such as Java, Scala, Kotlin and React.js. We believe by working in small, agile, multi-disciplinary and autonomous teams enables our people to be creative and solve hard problems in original ways.
At our new tech hub in Lisbon, which opened in January 2018, we are enhancing the digital experience by building unique and engaging experiences for our customers. As a Senior Product Specialist/Product Manager for our Partnerships Product you will have the unique opportunity to build a product that allows customer experience startups as well as content providers including influencers to become part of the Zalando ecosystem.
Why this is the role for you
- Change the lives of your customers: With integrating new partners you will make a significant contribution to the evolution of Zalando, improving the lives of your customers - day by day.
- Build a great product for our partners: We want to build a product that developers and entrepreneurs love to use.
- Become part of something bigger: While you will focus on one product at any point in time, you are also a professional member of our Product Management Team. You will live our values and make the entire Product Organisation stronger by contributing to cross-product initiatives and by sharing your knowledge and learnings.
What it takes to succeed
- Master of multiple domains: Can you bridge the natural divide between business and technology? Can you understand the commercial strategy behind your product and discuss the EBIT impact of a new feature with your commercial colleagues? Great! Can you also do user research and product discovery to get to the right user stories that really give our customers what they need (and not just what they want)?
- Analytical mindset: Can you connect the dots and generate meaningful insights that others overlook? Are you comfortable in ambiguous and uncertain situations? Pricing is not a simple topic, and myriads of factors come together to make pricing strategies succeed or fail. Do you have the analytical aptitude to weed out noise from the critical factors or processes?
- Effective communicator: Are you a great communicator? Can you really get to the bottom of what users need? Can you ensure that all relevant stakeholders are aware of the product’s progress? Great! But do you also bring the analytical skills and rigor to analyze large sets of data to evaluate opportunities and support your Product Owner in making well-founded product decisions?
- Thoughtful pragmatist: Can you get things done? Can you bring together all the input you have collected from interviews and data to help the team decide what to build? Don’t waste your own time with too much research but don’t jump to conclusions too fast either; development capacity is a very precious resource. Do you have the passion and persistence to drive necessary changes?
We offer you
- At Zalando you can have impact and be part of something bigger at the same time. We will once again revolutionize the fashion industry and as a Product Specialist/Product Manager, you can be at the centre of the storm, working with the teams that change the game.
- At Zalando you can grow, personally and professionally. We will fully support you on your personal Tour of Mastery and be there to provide you with experienced thought partners and multi-source feedback. You can create your own opportunities, while we encourage you to take risks. Don’t be afraid of failures. Learn from them.
- Finally, have fun! We provide one of the most international environments you can find and are dedicated to making your job fun. We know that you can only give your best, if you enjoy it. With our weekly Tech Talks, more than 100 guilds (from our API guild to our football or gaming guilds) and our annual Hack Week, you can build your own Zalando experience.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact Antonia Samanns.