ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Platform Infrastructure
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: 10+
Recruiter Name, E-mail: George Pretty, firstname.lastname@example.org
Working behind the scenes, you are responsible for enabling millions of visits per day by maintaining and scaling our platform infrastructure while keeping our core, revenue-critical services and applications fast, stable, reliable and available.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Solve problems arising from our large-scale operations and ensure that the same mistake/error doesn’t happen twice, whilst constantly thinking of how to automate yourself out of boring operational tasks
- Design, develop and deliver infrastructure software for the cloud
- Work closely with software engineers and other SREs in dedicated engineering groups to influence and create new designs, architectures, and standards
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, Incident handling, software performance analysis and system-tuning
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Software Engineering - CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and proficiency in at least one JVM based programming language
- Software Architecture - Strong understanding of synchronous/asynchronous microservice & data architectures
- Systems Engineering - large-scale system design exposure, in-depth understanding of UNIX/Linux systems internals, TCP/IP networking
- Cloud Engineering - Strong experience with AWS and/or Kubernetes, solid understanding of security practices
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Site Reliability Engineers help sustain Zalando’s rapid-growth by keeping the platform running at all times at a very large scale. This role is on a central team that works collaboratively across the breadth of Zalando’s software engineering and SRE teams.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.