YOU KNOW WHAT WEB DEVS NEED
Our mission is to build a customer facing web framework for fashion that enables other teams to be independent in their deliverables, improve the user experience and business performance through easy experimentation. Imagine an infrastructure that enables sharing of existing components and that scales technically as well as organisationally.
You will tackle this challenge by evolving our Mosaic architecture (www.mosaic9.org) working on backend for frontend API orchestration; build, test and deploy automation; tooling support (CLI and web) and last but not least, top-notch coding.
This is a full-time position based in a new office building, located in Berlin.
YOU ARE SETTING STANDARDS
- Great communication skills, with a high standard of written and spoken English
- Be comfortable with some level of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Eagerness to learn, take risks, and accept failures along the way
- High aptitude for technology-agnostic approach to engineering
- You want to lead by example, producing good, testable and high performant code
- Genuine interest to work on architecture and design with other senior engineers
- Passionate about UI/UX – uniting design and development
YOU ARE SKILLED
- 2+ years HTML/CSS, ideally following atomic design principles
- On the job experience in at least one or more languages. Go, Kotlin, or TypeScript fit best
- Extensive experience using and defining REST APIs, preferably also GraphQL
- Experience in React or any other component-based UI framework
- Proficient in debugging and profiling web apps
- Ready to operate your services on cloud based container environments like Kubernetes or AWS EC2
We search for talents that are eager to join our team. So even if you don’t fulfil all criteria, please just let us know why you think you are a great addition to our team!
YOU ARE OFFERED
- Culture of trust, empowerment, and feedback. You would be joining a dynamic, international team where collaboration is our core mindset
- Learning and growth opportunities. In Zalando we have more than 100 tech teams actively sharing information and enabling learning through weekly tech talks, internal guilds, company-hosted tech meetups
- Personal branding support: Publication of blog posts, industry networking community, opportunity to visit and speak at conferences
- Competitive salary
- 40% shopping discount on a wide range of products on Zalando and reduced public transportation subscription
- Relocation assistance for internationals