ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Logistics Algorithms
Reports to: Engineering Lead, Logistics
Team Size: 5-10
Recruiter Name, Email: Katarzyna Nowicka
As a Logistics Algorithms Backend Engineer, you will work on the algorithmic heart of Zalando’s logistics. You will design and implement services that provide grouping, routing, scheduling and predictions to all logistics operations.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Drive the design and implementation of our in-house optimizations engine that provide route planning, task scheduling, replenishment strategies, and processing predictions making operations more efficient in order to improve our customer experience via faster package deliveries
- Manage your service from the architecture to testing, deployment and operation - you love to think about domain models and to generalize problems
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of backend and research engineers in an agile environment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 3 years of professional programming experience in one of Java, Scala or similar with microservice architecture, distributed systems, and RESTful APIs in relevant technologies such as Spark, PostgreSQL, Redis, Spring, Play and AWS environment
- Effective communication skills and the ability to understand business requirements paired with an agile mindset and drive to improve existing processes
- Interest in algorithms, machine learning or mathematics and experience in designing and developing software systems with the algorithmic core
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Within Logistics Algorithms in Berlin you will work in a multi-disciplinary team of research and backend engineers. The teams build and operate high availability systems in the complex, fast changing and challenging environment of Zalando logistics. Using state-of-the-art software technologies, we trust you to build the future of our algorithmic core, tackling interconnected problems such as route planning, task scheduling, replenishment strategies, and processing predictions.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.