ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Digital Experience
Reports to: Engineering Lead, Customer Inbox
Team Size: <10
As a Software Engineer in the Customer Inbox Team, you will be part of a core team whose purpose it is to provide customers with most relevant content at the right place and time via our smart communication platform.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Designing, build and improve large scale, impactful, data-driven products and operate them (DevOp)
- Making a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and driving technical discussions within the team
- Scaling the infrastructure to future needs and increase message content relevance by learning from customer behavior
- Challenging the status quo by being eager to discuss your thoughts with the professional community
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Deep understanding of Java and experience with running Spring applications in production
- Actively shape the architecture of the Communication Platform and ensure sustainability
- Passion to write and improve clean and test-covered code
- Experience with creating and consuming APIs (e.g. RESTful), that operate at scale, are easy to use, self-documented and have the caller’s perspective always in mind; caching strategies and other means of achieving high performance, low latency services
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Customer Inbox is about information and engagement. We aim to serve our customers with highly relevant content on their preferred communication channel. Therefore, up to 10 million times per day we detect one of our 21 million active customers benefiting from personalized, practical information. Further scaling the system, widening its scope and increasing content relevance by learning from customer feedback and behaviour are the some of the challenges we are faced with.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.