ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Fashion Store - Suppy & Demand
Reports to: Lead Pricing Analytics
Team Size: 8
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Jenny Bäricke
As a Data Analyst Pricing Analytics, you will be all together a data explorer, educator, and partner in decision-making. You will play a vital part in improving the effectiveness of pricing decisions and establishing monitoring insights and analytics for top management.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Identifying, translating and prioritizing improvements to various Pricing & Forecasting decisions across teams based on data. Synthesizing and communicating insights during the development process.
- Providing performance and strategic insights to top management and key stakeholders
- Set-up, analyze, and promote good practices for experiments, simulations and transparency on key KPIs. Actively contributing to creating a data-informed culture at Zalando and within the team
- Partner with commercial stakeholders across Zalando and the delivery teams for various Pricing & Forecasting products to implement, document, validate, and monitor our performance and improvements
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A good understanding of quantitative analyses, a solid business acumen and a background in computer science, statistics, mathematics, business, economics and/or a similar quantitative discipline
- Experience in analytics with expertise in writing highly performant complex queries ( SQL) and proficiency in Excel and using tools like Tableau, R, Python, Microstrategy
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally in consulting, e-commerce or tech and the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets with a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Within our Pricing Analytics Team, you will be at the interface between Commercial Team and our Pricing & Forecasting products forefront, having a huge impact on Zalando’s success. We enable commercial stakeholders to take better decisions based on data, and help them to improve their top and bottom-line performance in an increasingly competitive fashion market. Data is a critical part of our development process, and Analysts are their chief advocates.