ABOUT THE TEAM
Software EngineeringReports to:
Engineering LeadTeam Size:
<10Recruiter Name, E-mail: Michael Williams
We decode payments and provide our customers risk free and seamless payments while processing billions of euros every year. As Frontend Engineer for Zalando Payments, you will be developing products using modern technologies which enable our internal users to steer our systems and investigate fraudulent behaviour. In this role, you will also get to opportunity to work with peers from multiple domains such as machine learning, data streaming and processing to solve difficult problems together.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions, that your peers praise for its elegance and code readability.
- Be accountable for all aspects of your work as you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- Join a team where Continuous Integration, Code Quality, Code Reviews, Test Coverage, etc. are kept at very high standards, therefore you should also be positive and firm in your attitude towards them.
- Encouraging knowledge sharing and driving technical discussions within the team.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience with a modern frontend stack including React, Redux, ES6, NodeJS and Webpack.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies and their optimization: CSS3, HTML5, XML, JSON.
- Experience building REST APIs, including knowledge of what goes on in HTTP(S) requests. Along with the ability in deploying and operating your applications on cloud based environments like Kubernetes or AWS EC2. You also care about logging, monitoring and automated tests.
- Ability to deliver bug free and fully functional features and products that are well tested and based on user requirements.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as processing of payments and reconciliation in the backend. Through smart risk steering we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.