ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Personalized Marketing
Reports to: Data Engineering Lead
Team Size: 5-10
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Rebecca Moore, email@example.com
You’ll join the Data Engineering team within Personalized Marketing, a team which builds advanced data products focused on measuring the performance of our marketing activities with a direct impact on millions of Euro spent.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Implement and maintain sustainable, high-performance, growth-ready data-processing and data integration pipelines to measure the performance (Return on Investment) of our marketing activities
- Build applications and services to integrate data from internal and external sources, especially to ensure a better cross-device recognition of customers or to increase the tracking data quality, an essential source for our marketing campaign performance measurement
- Close collaboration with our product managers to define realistic roadmaps and products that will be successful in production
- Support our Data Scientists by preparing easily consumable data sets to let them focus on Data Science instead of data cleansing and transformation as well as bringing their products into production
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in implementing and optimizing batch data processing jobs in Apache Spark (we are currently using SQL and Scala)
- Knowledge in building Java and/or Python applications
- Expertise in SQL and Data Warehousing (e.g. Oracle, ExaSol) and AWS, Kubernetes, Docker is a plus
- Motivation to work in a cross-functional environment with constant exchange between product, data science and engineering. You are not purely focused on coding but also eager to understand the bigger picture and the why behind the what. You make technical complexity understandable for the business.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations) diverse sports and health offerings
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.