ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Retail Operations
Reports to: Product Design Lead
Team Size: 5
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Jenny Bäricke
As a Product Designer (UX) for Retail Operations, you work on all the core systems that enable Zalando to plan, procure and produce Europe’s best online fashion assortment. Your stakeholders are e.g. buyers, merchandise planners, controllers, content producers and pricing analysts. For them, we are building what Oracle and SAP can’t: Business systems for humans who love fashion.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Go deep into the domains that make a retail business tick to discover problems worth solving and be a sparring partner for our Product Managers and our VP to help in problem framing
- When building enterprise systems, it’s easy to get lost in the complexity. To pull everyone back to what matters, you create persuasive illustrations and narratives of the future we are working towards
- Bring concepts to life by creating prototypes at all levels of fidelity. Whether it’s a quick flow of paper mockups or a web app using live data that you create with a team of engineers, you are constantly testing out your ideas in the wild
- Share your deep expertise in all things User Experience with a team of designers at various levels in their careers. Whether it’s process, stakeholder management or craft, you level up the entire team by example
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have the methods and skills under your belt to ensure that all stakeholders in the product development team walk in the customer's shoes and see through the user’s eyes
- Love to tackle messy challenges in legacy environments and across departments, turning them into clean and simple solutions
- Use data to inform your designs and disprove your ideas
- Great communication and facilitation skills help to lead work with multidisciplinary international teams to success. Experience in driving delivery of compelling product concepts by working across the organization
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.