ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Helsinki Tech Hub
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: <10
As a Backend Engineer in our Helsinki Tech Hub, you’re part of a high performing team, building technologies that connect every part of the fashion industry. You can tackle new challenges and take ownership of your work - the opportunities to make a personal impact are limitless.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Join one of our 150+ teams to build, scale and continuously improve a variety of products that create value for our platform - from Fashion Store to Brand Solutions to Business Assurance and Smart Logistics
- Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS)
- You and your team will work like a startup and take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to testing to implementation to operation and maintenance
- Join a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code, implementation and software craftsmanship, and add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in working with Java, Scala, Clojure or Kotlin and relational as well as NoSQL databases
- Courage to take ownership and being accountable for the results of your decisions
- Motivation in making a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing
- Ambition in delivering products that redefine the customer experience and making bold decisions about the means and tools of delivery and operation
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Teams at our Helsinki Tech Hub work on many of the cornerstones of our Fashion Store, including personalization and social fashion influencing components. Through full stack engineering and research, we turn visionary ideas into new emerging businesses with real potential. By tackling the most challenging problems for the fashion industry, we drive the personal digital experience and underlying knowledge models to create the most inspirational fashion experience for our customers.