As an iOS software engineer at Zalando, you will design, build and implement award-winning apps used and enjoyed by millions of people. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for how we evolve into a “mobile first” company. And you will have the freedom to launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand--while receiving meaningful support at every step.
What we are looking for
- A degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience as an iOS Software Engineer
- Experience in Objective-C and Swift
- Open, communicative team players who love to solve interesting, complex problems and have the ability to work on problems until they are solved
- Passion for object-oriented, well structured, readable and testable code
- Deep technical knowledge of iOS mobile development, including animation frameworks, MVC application design and complex touch-based UI
- Someone who owns their code, embraces agile software development practices and supports others through code review
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English language
- You will be part of an agile team that will further develop our iOS app in short release cycles
- You are good in placing yourself in our customer's shoes and therefore you take pride in developing user-friendly and high-class features
- You will implement complex solutions with state-of-the-art technologies together with your team
- As an experienced iOS developer you are eager to work with new technologies and you always try to challenge yourself
- You will organize your work in an agile development process with short release cycles
What you can expect from us
- One-month mentoring program
- Tech Academy, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing tech talks and blog posts to professional networking
- Community: hack weeks, movie nights, coder dojos, +40 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- 40% Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes & autonomous teams — and using cutting edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter William Scharf.