As an Android engineer at Zalando, you will design, build and implement award-winning apps used and enjoyed by millions of people. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for how we evolve into a “mobile first” company. And you will have the freedom to launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand--while receiving meaningful support at every step.
- Follow agile methodologies to continuously improve our Android app.
- Help our team to develop amazing user experiences for mobile.
- Identify and share your knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies that will help us innovate faster.
Skills & Requirements
What we are looking for
- A degree in Computer Science and at least 3 years of programming experience.
- Passion producing well-structured, readable and testable code.
- Deep understanding of Android SDK and Java.
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services (especially REST)
- Familiarity with RxJava is a plus.
- Prior experience with ProGuard preferred.
- Experience using Git.
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing—you enjoy reviewing others’ code and sharing your knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills--you can spar with engineers, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- English language fluency.
What you can expect from us
Our recipe for success: Think big and act fast. Your contribution today will influence millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando you have the opportunity to work for a fast growing international company that wants to offer the world’s best fashion experience. Obviously, we offer you much more:
- An exceptional opportunity to develop your skill set while learning from a team of top experts who will inspire and support you
- Use of cutting-edge open source technologies and cloud services
- Learning and growth opportunities. In Zalando we have more than 100 tech teams actively sharing information
- and enabling learning through weekly tech talks, company-hosted tech meetups, possibility of visiting conferences
- Complimentary fruit, beverages (including Kaffa Roastery coffee!), table soccer, pool table and games room.
- Employee discount for all Zalando shop products
- Comprehensive Benefits package including Private Healthcare, Language courses and Travel support
- Relocation support if you are based outside of the Capital Area / Country. We know that moving can be a challenge in terms of housing, visas and documentation, at Zalando you can count on us to help make things as easy as possible!
- Through our mentoring program, you will get up to speed and become productive very quickly
- You will never be bored! Zalando offers a very exciting and fun working environment
- The Helsinki Tech Hub is growing fast. We are based in Kamppi, right in the heart of Helsinki. The office offers a fantastic space to work where you can have a real impact on the world of e-commerce, working with a diverse bunch of talented individuals (if we do say so ourselves!) In Zalando we build small autonomous teams which design, develop and operate their solutions taking full ownership of the development lifecycle. We believe in trust, purpose, autonomy and mastery. And great coffee.
- Zalando is transforming from an e-commerce company into a multi-service platform that provides fashion as a service for our 19+ million customers today. We make it our mission to imagine and predict the infinite points of interaction between fashion and people - and develop the technology to make them possible. The 80+ members of Zalando Technology Helsinki build our products in-house and open source - from our logistics software to our mobile applications. Teams have the autonomy to choose the technologies they work with using our Tech Radar for inspiration, currently that means we are building products using Scala, Java, Clojure, Spark, React, Swift, AWS and Docker - to name just a few. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Ljudmila Velikodnaya.