Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. We live Dedicated Ownership, an organizational principle characterized by “end-to-end responsibility”, “decision-making authority”, “full accountability” and a “single focus of a leader”.
Zalando’s IT-Compliance unit guarantees the knowledge and adherence of all related regulatory specifications and requirements posed to the company. For this purpose, appropriate processes are established and awareness regarding rule-conformity throughout the company is raised. In addition, the unit is accountable for controls and documentation of IT-Compliance with relevant regulations to internal and external stakeholders. A close-coupled collaboration with a dedicated engineering team assures the effective implementation of technical IT-Compliance solutions.
As IT-Compliance Auditor you continuously monitor Zalando’s IT systems to ensure they follow internal and external IT-Compliance regulations and practices. You perform internal risk-based controls around well-defined focus topics (e.g. change management, access management, data storage/backup/recovery, etc.).
While following the principle “reveal violations before auditors can find them”, ...
- … you identify systems’ weaknesses and create action plans to address them.
- … you are involved in the planning and execution of internal and external audits.
- … you communicate audit results effectively, both verbally and in writing, to make them persuasive, succinct and understood by the recipient. You perform follow-up audits in order to ensure that the defined countermeasures are implemented.
- … you identify areas that are in need of optimization, define optimization measures and check their implementation.
- … you show progress by making your work transparent with respective Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
In addition, you create a common understanding of Zalando’s IT-Compliance/Audit requirements within the company and convey their meaning, importance and necessity to all employees. You closely work together with IT-Compliance Managers and IT-Compliance Engineers in order to come closer to our vision of a meta-auditable system.
What we are looking for
- You have at least 2-3 years practical IT-Audit experience (medium to large-sized companies a plus).
- You have technical expertise in distributed and complex IT systems.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are eager to analyze big data environments using SQL and Google Sheets (or similar tools).
- You have strong analytical skills and quickly derive patterns and figure out root causes.
- You have experience in managing small to medium size projects.
- You have strong process management skills.
- You are a designated expert in the field with profound knowledge of effective IT-Audit principles and frameworks.
- You have knowledge in either OAuth and other industry standard authentication/ authorization solutions or disaster recovery, backup and recovery scenarios for databases.
- You are a convincing communicator on all levels.
- You are able to keep a cool head in stressful situations and you have no fear to escalate issues if needed.
- You are a team player who pro-actively shares knowledge.
- You communicate in English fluently and confidently.
What you can expect from us
- A unique corporate culture with flat hierarchies and fast decision-making where results matter.
- Professional international colleagues who will both inspire and support you.
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way.
- Motivated and autonomous teams that have mastery and purpose.
- Competitive salary.
- Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount.
- Relocation assistance for internationals.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact our recruiter Emily Nguyen.