Zalon is the successful story of curating and delivering complete outfits for our customers. For that our platform connects customers with fashion experts. Being part of Europe’s Leading Technology Fashion Platform, we live and breathe excellent software engineering.
As a Senior Android Software Development Engineer for Zalon you will have full ownership of individual features - working closely with Design, UX/UI and Product, to conceptualize and define the most appropriate features for our customers. You will have your hand on the pulse after the “go-live” phase, after the implementation phase you will make sure that the feature works and continue working end to end, monitoring it.
You will challenge our status quo and help us define best “mobile first” practices. We take pride in being truly customer centric and you will enjoy the Autonomy to shape the future and growth of our award winning apps.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Passion for producing well-structured, clean, readable and testable code.
- Ability to work in a self-directed way, fluently applying agile methodologies as well as state-of-the-art software development practices and their respective toolchains including testing, CI/D, source control, etc.
- Deep understanding of Android SDK and Java, including relevant frameworks, such as testing and mocking frameworks, REST clients, dependency injection etc. If you are familiar with related languages in the JVM (e.g. Kotlin) that is a plus.
- Familiarity with RxJava is preferred.
- Prior experience with ProGuard preferred.
- Experience using Git.
- Effective communication skills and an interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics or another similar discipline plus minimum 3 years of hands-on software development experience in a commercial / business environment.
- English language fluency.
- Follow agile methodologies to continuously improve our Android app.
- Help us develop amazing user experiences for mobile.
- Identify and share your knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies that will help us innovate faster.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Community. Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, Hack weeks, parties and events.
- Perks. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
- Development. Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at related Conferences and Meetups, and encouragement to publish your work.
- Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours. Zalon is a 2.5-year-old start-up backed up by Zalando SE, therefore you can expect that your work will have immediate impact and you will participate in developing significant improvements.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
Please make sure your application is written in English. If you have any questions about our recruiting and hiring processes, or if you are not sure whether your qualifications and work experience is suffice, please contact your recruiter: Andreea Lungulescu