At Zalando Helsinki we are building the Fashion Knowledge Organisation that will house a number of ongoing research topics, such as integrating different data sets to a centralized ontology of fashion knowledge, optimising ontology design decisions, create and share insights, explore novel knowledge retrieval algorithms for the ontology, and investigate scalable triple storage solutions.
The Fashion Knowledge Organisation is looking for Research Engineers and Engineers to join the team and work on extract-transform-load operations for various data sources. If you have experience of ontology design and storage solutions and you are passionate about creating exciting applications on top of ontology data then this is the opportunity for you!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience working with Semantic Web and Linked-Data
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in Scala. Background with JVM based languages and willingness to learn functional programming is a prerequisite.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, and information retrieval.
- Excellent understanding of principles to build distributed systems, experience with open-source frameworks and components in this domain is required. Hands on experience with scalability and system reliability engineering is desired.
- Understanding of natural language processing techniques. Previous experience with a European language is a big advantage.
- Ability to coordinate product-life cycle from continuous delivery to production operation is an advantage.
- You will be part of a growing team helping to build the Fashion Knowledge Organisation n agile and very experienced team that will further develop our recommendation and personalization engine in short release cycles
- You will implement highly scalable solutions with state-of-the-art-technologies together with your team
- You will transfer algorithmic prototypes to enterprise level, highly scalable and fault-tolerant solutions using the right technology for the job
- You are collaborating with our data scientists to improve and extend our recommendation engine and other analytical customer experience solutions
- You will be part of a multi-cultural team with different native languages, skills and backgrounds
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our recipe for success: Think big and act fast. Your contribution today will influence millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando you have the opportunity to work for a fast growing international company that wants to offer the world’s best fashion experience. Obviously we offer you much more:
- Use of cutting-edge open source technologies and cloud services
- Learning and growth opportunities. In Zalando we have more than 100 tech teams actively sharing information and enabling learning through weekly tech talks, company-hosted tech meetups, possibility of visiting conferences
- Employee discount for all Zalando shop products
- Comprehensive Benefits package including Private Healthcare, Language course and Travel support
- Through our mentoring program you will get up to speed and become productive very quickly
- Relocation support if you are based outside of the Capital Area / Country. We know that moving can be a challenge in terms of housing, visas and documentation, at Zalando you can count on us to help make things as easy as possible!
Zalando is transforming from an e-commerce company into a multi-service platform that provides fashion as a service for our 19+ million customers today. We make it our mission to imagine and predict the infinite points of interaction between fashion and people - and develop the technology to make them possible.
Our Helsinki Tech Hub shapes the ecosystem of the fashion world by building key cornerstones for our Fashion Store, including personalization and social fashion influencing components. Through full stack engineering and research, we build large scale solutions and turn visionary ideas into new emerging businesses with real potential. By tackling the most challenging problems for the fashion industry, we drive the personal digital experience and underlying knowledge models to create the most inspirational fashion experience for our customers.
The Helsinki office is almost two years old! A year ago we moved in our custom built premises in Kamppi, in the heart of Helsinki, and we are soon planning to open a new floor! We are growing rapidly (already 95+ people and 25+ nationalities.)
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact Ljudmila Velikodnaya