As an Mobile Wed Developer at Zalando, you will design, build and implement award-winning apps used and enjoyed by millions of people. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for how we evolve into a “mobile first” company. And you will have the freedom to launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand--while receiving meaningful support at every step.
What we are looking for
- A degree in Computer Science and at least 3 years of programming experience.
- Passion producing well structured, readable and testable code.
- Openness to switch between frontend, backend, mobile when needed.
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services (especially REST)
- Experience using Git.
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing—you enjoy reviewing others’ code and sharing your knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills--you can spar with engineers, product owners and other stakeholders.
- English language fluency.
- Follow agile methodologies to continuously improve our mobile app.
- Help our team to develop amazing user experiences for mobile.
- Identify and share your knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies that will help us innovate faster.
What you can expect from us
- One-month mentoring program.
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery.
- Personal branding support: From preparing tech talks and blog posts to industry networking. Community: hack weeks, movie nights, coder dojos, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary.
- 40% Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Sara Bettencourt.