As a software engineer in the area of “Search & Browse” you will focus on developing Zalando’s in-house search engine service providing highly relevant personalized search results helping millions of people find their favorite fashion items. You will be working with state-of-the-art technology to build a SAAS component which can be fully leveraged within our Zalando platform.
Your main challenges will include working with large amounts of data, deliver high-quality search results and also provide a high-performance, stable and auto-scaling production system. You will be part of a small, autonomous, and highly ambitious team consisting of experienced Scala developers and expert data scientists pushing “Fashion Search” one step further every day.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 3+ years of experience, working as a Scala Developer (or any other functional programming language). A technical degree is a plus.
- You are experienced with lucene-based technologies like Solr/ElasticSearch
- You are keen on collaborating closely with data scientists & data analysts
- A keen interest in applied machine learning, natural language processing and data mining is essential, work experience in these topics a plus
- You write well-structured and tested code in the spirit of Effective Java and Clean Code that easily scales to Enterprise level
- You love to optimize processes & code and to use new technologies
- You are experienced in building, evaluating, maintaining and improving large scale data-driven products
- You have worked with current big data technology (e.g. Hadoop/MapReduce, Amazon EMR)
- Knowing near-realtime stream processing and/or message-driven architectures (e.g. Spark, Storm, Aerospike, Kafka) is a plus
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS is a plus
- You will be part of an agile and very experienced team that will further develop our search pipeline in short release cycles
- You will implement highly scalable solutions with state-of-the-art-technologies together with your team
- You are ready to tweak and optimize our search for various markets all across Europe with more than a dozen different languages
- You will transfer algorithmic prototypes to enterprise level, highly scalable and fault-tolerant solutions using the right technology for the job
- You are collaborating with our data scientists to improve and extend our search engine and other analytical customer experience solutions
- You will be part of a multi-cultural team with different native languages, skills and backgrounds
- Design, develop, deploy, operate & improve software solutions that impact millions of Zalando customers
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our recipe to success: Think big and act fast. Your contribution today will influence millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando you have the opportunity to work for a fast growing international company that wants to offer the world’s best fashion experience. Obviously we offer you much more:
- An exceptional opportunity to develop your skill set while learning from a team of top experts who will inspire and support you
- Use of cutting-edge open source technologies and cloud services
- Learning and growth opportunities: weekly tech talks, company-hosted tech meetups, rich team library (which you can expand with your book requests), possibility of visiting conferences
- Complimentary fruit, beverages, table soccer, ping pong and band room
- Employee discount for all Zalando shop products
- Powerful hardware system environment
- Through our mentoring program you will get up to speed and become productive very quickly
- You will never be bored! Zalando offers a very exciting and fun working environment
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Alicja Notowska at firstname.lastname@example.org