As a (Senior) Business Intelligence Analyst at Zalando, you'll act as the connector between our Data Warehouse team and other departments in the company (Finance, Operations, Category Management, Technology, Sales). You’ll work with diverse stakeholders to create and implement first-rate reporting solutions, and develop expert knowledge into our many business processes. You will extend our reporting landscape, use state-of-the-art business intelligence tools to generate new insights, and ensure that our products are of the highest quality. And you will have the freedom to build internal community around your interests and strengthen your personal brand—while receiving meaningful support at every step.
What we're looking for
- A university degree in Computer Science, Business Informatic, Mathematics, Economics or comparable subject, with an academic record of high achievement
- You have more than 3 years of relevant experience
- Advanced SQL skills
- A passion for working with relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, Redis) databases
- Experience in finance, process monitoring, operations, category management, CRM and/or performance marketing strongly preferred
- Peerless analytical and critical thinking skills
- Creative thinkers who value accountability, goal-setting and focusing on solutions instead of problems
- Fluent in English
- Depending on your area of specialization, you'll field and answer stakeholder questions about topics ranging from the efficiency of our logistics processes, to the customer groups we should focus on, to the ways we measure and compare the success of our brands, products and business processes
- Provide accurate and insightful data analyses to the tech department and explain your findings when needed
- Help develop end-to-end requirement analysis, reporting and other BI solutions and initiatives
- Develop expertise in understanding our business intelligence processes and become a first point-of-contact for other teams
What you can expect from us
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing conference talks and blog posts to industry networking Community: hack weeks, movie nights, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- 40% Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes & autonomous teams — and using cutting edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Jenny Bäricke.