As a Zalando Data Warehouse Engineer in Business Intelligence (BI) you will become a critical part of one of the most innovative teams in e-commerce. You will consult and support different stakeholders across the entire company by providing data-driven solutions to business and technical challenges. You’ll join our accomplished team of experts in integrating data from many sources into our single-point-of-truth data warehouse. And you will have the freedom to launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand—while receiving meaningful support at every step.
What we're looking for
- You are an expert with a minimum of 3 years experience in SQL and ETL design
- Experience maintaining, refactoring and extending large code bases
- A preference for agile methodologies
- A passion for working with relational databases: reading, writing and optimizing complex statements; modelling data structures, and designing ETL processes
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse teams
- English language fluency
- Develop expertise in understanding our business processes and the many related requirements
- Collaborate with our analysts to create and implement new initiatives based on our stakeholder requirements
- Act as a liaison between your team and other teams within Zalando Tech
- Maintain, optimize and extend our data warehouse infrastructure using Oracle, Exasol and PostgreSQL databases
What you can expect from us
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing conference talks and blog posts to industry networking Community: hack weeks, movie nights, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- 40% Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes & autonomous teams — and using cutting edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Jenny Bäricke.