Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics to big brands, to manufacture - we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem. We live Radical Agility. With the set of principles that we give our teams - Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose - we entrust them to shape the future of Zalando.
The Engineering Productivity Team is a group of engineers dedicated to improve the quality and productivity of engineering in Zalando. We work together in a responsive and agile manner, create solutions, and iterate to improve them constantly. We focus on adding value to Zalando’s engineering by providing a diverse array of sustainable tools and systems.
Our work tasks can vary from quarter to quarter. However, they are always focused on improving engineering teams’ productivity.
Our scope of service to other teams does not involve writing tests because our focus is on facilitating tools and processes to boost productivity. However, we may help teams with writing tests in a consultancy approach during the kickoff when onboarding a team on one of our tools.
- You are familiar with designing and building end-to-end solutions, to measure and automate testing of complex systems.
- You enjoy working with talented engineers and can influence system design for reliability, performance and testability.
- You enjoy people interaction and cross-collaboration with Engineering and Product.
- You thrive in a dynamic, agile environment.
- You are focused on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- You are eager to explore new ideas with your teammates; learn and build solutions based on a combination of your learnings and previous experience.
- You are an enthusiast to facilitate technical specifications.
- You have knowledge and experience with software testing and automated test techniques.
- Comprehensive computer-science fundamentals.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Scripting skills in Perl, Shell or another common language.
- Familiar with HTTP, RESTful web service principles and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with Linux environment.
- Experience with Docker.
- Hands-on experience on continuous delivery practices.
- Experience in Relational database management systems.
- Understanding of software quality principles.
- Familiar with agile development frameworks.
- Experience in building and maintaining Distributed Systems as scale.
- 3+ years of experience in Programming and Services Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with test automation frameworks.
- Experience with Full Stack development.
- Experience with AWS.
- You are familiar with Kubernetes.
- You are an Open Source contributor.
- Lead engineering efforts, from planning to execution, to solve complex engineering problems with tools and testing strategies.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their productivity.
- Analyze emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes.
- Create and experiment with new solutions, while remaining pragmatic and committed to quality, stability and timeframes.
- Identify hidden areas of improvement in any process or system, including challenging established rules or procedures.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +70 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, parties & events.
Perks including Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks & fruits.
Development of your own Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at conferences.
Work Environment of self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
Want to join us? Go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Katarzyna Nowicka.