ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Zalando Marketing Services
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Team Size: 5
Recruiter Name: Alicja Notowska
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will play a key part in a team responsible for matching our customers with the best content.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Create real-time user behavior models that can evaluate hundreds of content options within milliseconds, using data like cross-device graph, user history, browsing history, customer preference, various metadata, images and embeddings of items and contents etc.
- Design real-time bidding algorithms that maximize customer experience through real-time bidding on Zalando digital premises
- Develop methods to extract deep customer insights for our brands and teams at Zalando to help improve products and contents
- Collaborate with Business Owners, Product Managers and Engineers to define the vision and the roadmap for content optimization on Zalando
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Solid experience in applying Machine Learning to optimize business metrics through experimentation. Industry experience is preferred but experience in academic contexts will also be considered.
- Excellent foundation in Machine Learning, especially in supervised learning using sparse categorical features. PhD in related subjects is strongly preferred, but not required
- Fair to good engineering skills in Python, Java or Scala. Willingness to work on engineering tasks if necessary, such as grabbing necessary data.
- Outcome-obsessed, pragmatic scientist who understands solutions only count when they are shipped and make a difference
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
ABOUT ZALANDO MARKETING SERVICES
At ZMS we create meaningful connections between brands and consumers through a deep understanding of their personalities. We work with brands, agencies and publishers from fashion and beyond to produce innovative, impactful campaigns that reach the right audience at the right moment. Thanks to its holistic mix of cutting-edge and privacy compliant technology, in-depth audience insights, expansive reach and compelling content brands produce successful campaigns across multiple digital marketing channels.
Our team spearheads our data-driven advertising solutions, which plays an important part in our platform strategy. Here, you’ll be involved in creating end-to-end, data-driven solutions that improve the experience of both our end consumers and advertising clients. You will collaborate with a wide range of teams across Zalando to continuously improve our company-wide data-driven optimization culture and infrastructure. You will pioneer data/evidence driven optimization of business at Europe’s largest fashion online retailer, and push the boundary of what is possible.
Please note that all applications must be completed in English using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.