Zalando is transforming from an e-commerce company into a multi-service platform that provides fashion as a service. We make it our mission to imagine and predict the infinite points of interaction between fashion and people, and develop the technology to make them possible. The 1,600+ members of Zalando Technology across our offices in Germany, Ireland and Finland build most of our 40+ platform products in-house and open source - from Smart Logistics to Brand Solutions to Payments and Warehouse Management.
At the core of our platform effort is the technical infrastructure – we work with a modern, cloud-native technology stack comprised of Kubernetes, Docker, AWS and Go. We offer our infrastructure as a service to more than 200 development teams in Zalando Tech that are running their applications on our clusters. Read our Kubernetes on AWS doc to learn how we run Kubernetes on AWS in production and check our Tech Radar for more information on the technologies we use.
- Working on the line between Software Engineering and Systems Engineering
- Curious and a step ahead when it comes to software trends
- A natural leader who takes ownership of the team’s deliveries
- Willing to take responsibility for running an important part of our infrastructure
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language, knowing Go is a plus
- In-depth understanding of UNIX/Linux system internals and TCP/IP networking
- Well-versed in scripting (Bash/Python) and infrastructure automation
- Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- A track record of running large-scale systems
- Knowing containers, especially Docker, Kubernetes and AWS is a big plus
- Cloud native mindset, including microservices, resilience and scale-out
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Open Source. We work on open source software and actively participate in the Kubernetes community
- Culture. Culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 100+ internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, parties & events
- Perks. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks & fruits, hardware of your choice
- Personal Development. Tour of Mastery (individual growth plan), extensive onboarding program, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at conferences
- Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Katarzyna Nowicka.