As a software engineer in the area of “Recommendation & Personalization” you are working on Zalando state-of-the-art recommendation systems serving millions of customers with highly relevant and personalized content. You will be working with the newest technologies to build a SAAS component which can be fully leveraged within our Zalando platform.
Your main challenges will include working with large amounts of data, deliver high-quality recommendation results and at the same time provide a low-latency, rock solid and auto-scaling production system. You will be part of an autonomous and highly ambitious team consisting of experienced software engineers and expert data scientists working on the cutting-edge every day.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 4+ years of experience, working as a (Java or Scala) developer. A technical degree is a plus
- You have in-depth experience of working with data-driven recommendation solutions, including creating, implementing, and tuning recommendation engines
- You have worked with current big data technology (e.g. Hadoop/MapReduce)
- You are experienced in building and deploying large scale distributed data-driven systems in a cloud environment
- You are keen on collaborating closely with data scientists & data analysts and have passion to solve algorithmic problems
- You have a keen interest in data mining & processing as well as applied machine learning
- You’ve worked with NoSQL databases before (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB) and ideally also have experience in search engines (Solr, Elasticsearch)
- You write well-structured and tested code in the spirit of Effective Java and Clean Code that easily scales to enterprise level
- You love to improve & optimize software and to use new technologies
- Knowledge of near-realtime stream processing and/or message-driven architectures (e.g. Spark, Storm, Aerospike, Kafka) is a plus
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS is a plus
- You will be part of an agile and very experienced team that will further develop our recommender systems in short release cycles
- You will build and operate all services and stream-processed data infrastructure for low-latency personalized recommendations
- You will implement highly scalable solutions with state-of-the-art-technologies together with your team
- You are ready to tweak and optimize our recommendations for various markets all across Europe for millions of customers
- You will transfer algorithmic prototypes to enterprise level, highly scalable and fault-tolerant solutions using the right technology for the job
- You are collaborating with our data scientists to improve and extend our recommendation engine and other analytical customer experience solutions
- You will be part of a multi-cultural team with different native languages, skills and backgrounds
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve software solutions that impact millions of Zalando customers
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our recipe to success: Think big and act fast. Your contribution today will influence millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando you have the opportunity to work for a fast growing international company that wants to offer the world’s best fashion experience. Obviously we offer you much more:
- An exceptional opportunity to develop your skill set while learning from a team of top experts who will inspire and support you
- Use of cutting-edge open source technologies and cloud services
- Learning and growth opportunities: weekly tech talks, company-hosted tech meetups, rich team library (which you can expand with your book requests), possibility of visiting conferences
- Complimentary fruit, beverages, table soccer, ping pong and band room
- Employee discount for all Zalando shop products
- Powerful hardware system environment
- Through our mentoring program you will get up to speed and become productive very quickly
- You will never be bored! Zalando offers a very exciting and fun working environment
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact Katarzyna Nowicka.