As a Windows Universal Apps Developer at Zalando you will design, build and implement award-winning apps used and enjoyed by millions of people. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for how we evolve into a “mobile first” company. And you will have the freedom to launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand--while receiving meaningful support at every step.
Check-Out our App here: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrdfsv7
What we are looking for
- A degree in Computer Science and/or at least 2 years of programming experience in C# and .Net
- Demonstrated experience creating WPF, Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 8.1, Windows Phone 10 or Windows Universal apps
- Good knowledge of MVVM pattern, XAML, as well as Windows RT platform and Silverlight frameworks
- At least one live Windows Phone, Universal or Windows RT app on Windows Store
- Demonstrated experience producing object-oriented, structured, readable and testable code
- A solid grounding in software design and architecture and RESTful web services
- Experience using modern version control systems such as git and SVN
- Experience using build management tools (e.g. Maven) and continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- An attitude of accountability and team spirit—you enjoy reviewing others’ code and sharing your knowledge
- Excellent communication skills--you can spar with engineers, product owners and other stakeholders
- English language fluency
- Follow agile methodologies to continuously improve our Windows app
- Help our team to develop amazing user experiences for mobile
- Identify and share your knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies that will help us innovate faster
What you can expect from us
- One-month mentoring program
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing tech talks and blog posts to industry networking Community: hack weeks, movie nights, coder dojos, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- 40% Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our recruiting and hiring processes, please contact recruiter Sara Bettencourt.