Are you an expert in Search Solutions or interested in increasing your knowledge within the area? If so we are looking for you to join us at Zalando’s Helsinki Tech Hub!
We are building a consumer initiated fashion search-and-discovery platform. The solution targets consumer facing applications and addresses a wide range of scenarios. The non-functional aspects are critical to us as we are constantly improving scalability, availability and cross-platform interoperability of our solutions.
In Zalando we build small autonomous teams which design, develop and operate their solutions taking full ownership of the development lifecycle. We believe in trust, purpose, autonomy and mastery.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Hands on experience with search solutions such as ElasticSearch or Solr
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in Scala. Background with JVM based languages and willingness to learn functional programming is a prerequisite.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, and information retrieval.
- Excellent understanding of principles to build distributed systems, experience with open-source frameworks and components in this domain is required. Hands on experience with scalability and system reliability engineering is desired.
- Understanding of natural language processing techniques. Previous experience with a European language is a big advantage.
- Understanding of Semantic Web and Linked-Data is a big plus.
- Ability to coordinate product-life cycle from continuous delivery to production operation is an advantage.
- You will be part of an agile and very experienced team that will further develop our recommendation and personalization engine in short release cycles
- You will implement highly scalable solutions with state-of-the-art-technologies together with your team
- You will transfer algorithmic prototypes to enterprise level, highly scalable and fault-tolerant solutions using the right technology for the job
- You are collaborating with our data scientists to improve and extend our recommendation engine and other analytical customer experience solutions
- You will be part of a multi-cultural team with different native languages, skills and backgrounds
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our recipe to success: Think big and act fast. Your contribution today will influence millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando you have the opportunity to work for a fast growing international company that wants to offer the world’s best fashion experience. Obviously we offer you much more:
- An exceptional opportunity to develop your skill set while learning from a team of top experts who will inspire and support you
- Use of cutting-edge open source technologies and cloud services
- Learning and growth opportunities. In Zalando we have more than 100 tech teams actively sharing information
- and enabling learning through weekly tech talks, company-hosted tech meetups, possibility of visiting conferences
- Complimentary fruit, beverages (including Kaffa Roastery coffee!), table soccer, pool table and games room.
- Employee discount for all Zalando shop products
- Comprehensive Benefits package including Private Healthcare, Language course and Travel support
- Relocation support if you are based outside of the Capital Area / Country. We know that moving can be a challenge in terms of housing, visas and documentation, at Zalando you can count on us to help make things as easy as possible!
- Powerful hardware system environment
- Through our mentoring program you will get up to speed and become productive very quickly
- You will never be bored! Zalando offers a very exciting and fun working environment
The Helsinki Tech Hub is growing fast. We are based in Kamppi, right in the heart of Helsinki. The office offers a fantastic space to work where you can have a real impact on the world of e-commerce, working with a diverse bunch of talented individuals (if we do say so ourselves!) In Zalando we build small autonomous teams which design, develop and operate their solutions taking full ownership of the development lifecycle. We believe in trust, purpose, autonomy and mastery. And great coffee.
Zalando is transforming from an e-commerce company into a multi-service platform that provides fashion as a service for our 19+ million customers today. We make it our mission to imagine and predict the infinite points of interaction between fashion and people - and develop the technology to make them possible. The 80+ members of Zalando Technology Helsinki build our products in-house and open source - from our logistics software to our mobile applications. Teams have the autonomy to choose the technologies they work with using our Tech Radar for inspiration, currently that means we are building products using Scala, Java, Clojure, Spark, React, Swift, AWS and Docker - to name just a few. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact William Scharf.