As a Senior Backend / Data Engineer, in Content Performance, you will be building the economically sound core of the Zalando Fashion Store. Unifying business and data driven decisions on the scale of thousands requests per second to create the unique open market environment in the company.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Full development cycle: Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions that impact customers inside and outside of Zalando
- Together with your team, you will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver, as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS/Kubernetes)
- Work closely with Product to define the next steps to be taken
- Collaborate with team of talented economists and researchers, delivering the correct solutions to ensure our long and short-term goals are achieved
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with JVM and strong interest OR/AND wiliness to learn Scala. Functional Programming, Data Engineering skills and solid math background are a plus.
- Experience in building microservices, RESTful API design, event-driven architectures & cloud platforms (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, share your knowledge, moderate team meetings and finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Write clean, modular, well-annotated code that will make it easier to maintain, update, and scale – and strive to make a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 26 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Teams at our Helsinki Tech Hub work on many of the cornerstones of our Fashion Store, including personalization and social fashion influencing components. Through full stack engineering and research, we turn visionary ideas into new emerging businesses with real potential. By tackling the most challenging problems for the fashion industry, we drive the personal digital experience and underlying knowledge models to create the most inspirational fashion experience for our customers
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.