ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Product Design (User Research)
Reports to: User Research Lead
Team Size: <20
As a member of Zalando’s User Research team, you will support product ideation and optimization by researching customers, identifying needs and testing interfaces. You ensure that bad ideas fail early - and you inspire colleagues to iterate good ideas into great solutions. As a quantitative user researcher, you will lead by example and raise the bar for data-driven empathy.
Zalando’s product design teams employ an evolving mix of traditional user-centered methodologies, Lean UX practices, and design thinking. User Researchers work closely with product designers, product managers, and engineers to build the right solutions. To be most effective, we build strong relationships with other internal teams. Together with market research, business intelligence, and product analytics experts, we ensure a holistic 360° understanding of customer needs and behaviors.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Shape and enrich our research and product development processes with quantitative research methods by unearthing and quantifying user needs, identifying usability problems and engaging with customers through our panel.
- Provide great answers to great questions, by tying quantitative to qualitative data. Challenge the teams to find solutions for the right problems. Follow up to make sure insights are acted on. Spread insights out beyond the core stakeholders to fuel innovation.
- Be the voice of the customer by developing and defending a point of view and a statistically sound understanding about our users in order to influence decisions at a strategic level.
- Collect and define best practices, both in terms of process and methodology. Guide, support and grow your colleagues. Share customer needs, learnings and outcomes regularly with to the larger design community on our journey to making Zalando the premiere place in Europe to do cutting-edge user research.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You connect the dots - between qualitative and quantitative research as well as between different types of quantitative data (e.g., between survey and analytics data). For that you will often need to query databases with SQL.
- Data savviness helps you feel comfortable to get your hands dirty by analyzing and presenting data in different ways and forms. You are dealing with use cases that might demand your skills in R, Python, SQL and tools like Datastudio.
- Plenty of experience in creating and analyzing surveys with bullet proof understanding and application of statistical concept to create powerful insights.
- Choose the right approach based on your knowledge and the research questions to be answered. Manage your stakeholders' expectations and create the perfect balance between effort and impact. Balance high-quality research with short deadlines and highly iterative cycles.
- Stellar storytelling skills allows you to deliver customer insights straight to your stakeholders’ hearts and brains. You are fluent in English and - ideally - at least one other European language.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.