ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Merchant Operations
Reports to: Design Lead, Merchant Operations
Team Size: <5
Recruiter Name: Matthias
The design team at Merchant Operations is responsible for the product design experience throughout the merchant customer journey, across all customer touch points. The team drives innovation by conceptualizing, designing and prototyping new product design experience solutions for the Merchant platform, and helps leadership define a shared and tangible product vision. Merchant Operations is the backbone of the Merchant platform, enabling brands to make their products available through the Zalando store. We want to grow and leverage our design capabilities to impact how the Merchant Operations organization develops products, how it operates, and how it performs.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop design research and service design capabilities to coordinate efforts across projects in the organisation to promote empathy for our customers. Our goal is that customer insights become a strategic driver and the standard toolkit of product teams.
- Improve the product development process and ways of working by introducing an opportunity framework and supporting process at a strategic level.
- Grow design maturity across the organization by leading design research and service design efforts. The design team facilitates and guides teams with leading design research methodologies and tools, to become a more customer-centric organization.
- Systemize design to support the rapid growth and dynamic nature of Merchant Operations. The design team rethinks how products are developed, and systemizes the way it designs and builds product user interfaces and other user touch-points. Moving from designing screens to designing systems.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR�
- Understanding customers, showing empathy at all times and delight first and foremost in serving their needs effectively
- Understanding & translating strategic vision into user centered design solutions. Deep expertise in design thinking and service design to drive design research throughout the product development process, translate insights into opportunities and turn these into meaningful ideas and design concepts
- Excellence in interaction design, and expert knowledge in common design patterns, design research & user testing
- In-house experience negotiating with a variety of disciplines to deliver the best experience that serves both user and business needs, cycle after cycle
PERKS AT WORK
- Join an international team of exceptional designers and take the excellent opportunity to formulate a 21-century fashion experience.
- A culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, meet-ups, and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.