ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Zalon Data
Reports to: Product Owner Zalon Data
Team Size: >10
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Taryn Bonugli firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a cutting-edge data infrastructure (mostly) from scratch? We are ramping up our data infrastructure team to support and scale Zalon’s machine learning, analytics and business needs. To do so we are looking for an analytical problem solver that likes to work in an agile and cross-functional team with the challenge to shape, build and refine the future of the company’s data quality infrastructure together with the integration of machine learning algorithms.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design and expand our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams
- Assemble and Data Tiering of large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Support and work with data scientists by preparing easily consumable datasets from different sources
- Contribute to developing Zalon’s overall technical capabilities by working one-on-one with your data scientists, analysts and engineers. Growing and managing a data warehouse for a 30+ people company
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience of 4 or more years in a data engineering role together with demonstrable experience in building hands-on data systems with scalable service architecture and design
- Experience operating very large data warehouses in public cloud data infrastructure using AWS/redshift, EC2, kubernetes, S3, Hadoop/map-reduce, spark or any other big data technologies
- Team player with solid communication skills and fluent in English
- ETL expert in design, coding and optimization of big data
- Coding proficiency in Python, C/C++ Java, and/or Scala together with SQL databases and database querying languages. Intimate knowledge of UNIX, Linux, and Solaris
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations) diverse sports and health offerings
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Zalon is the successful story of curating and delivering complete outfits for our customers. For that our platform connects customers with fashion experts. Being part of Europe’s Leading Technology Fashion Platform, we live and breathe excellent software engineering.
This is us: https://youtu.be/pb8yvHgVvBs
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.