ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: IT Risk & Security
Reports to: Lead Identity & Access Management
Team Size: 5+
Recruiter Name, E-mail: George Pretty, firstname.lastname@example.org
As Software Engineer in Identity & Access Management (IAM), You will build, evolve and operate Zalando's Identity Provider. Together with the team, you will develop simple yet effective solutions to authentication problems, so Zalando's can innovate on top of our product.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build, maintain, and operate Zalandos’ Identity Provider
- Create highly available and scalable distributed systems using OpenID Connect 1.0 and OAuth 2.0 protocol flows based on the Spring Framework using latest Java
- Cooperate and contribute in concepts around IAM, design and shape our future system architecture, and use your interpersonal skills to reach consensus within the team
- Collaborate with Zalando engineering teams to help them enhance their IAM integration and build innovative products that deliver value to our customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Commitment to write robust and secure software with an enthusiasm to learn, improve and grow together as a team, and as a person
- Understand and believe in Test Driven Development, support clean code, and embrace regular code reviews
- Desire to discover how authentication and authorization in the web will look like is a great plus
- Modest nature that prefers problem solving in the team over insisting on personal opinion
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Zalando Identity & Access Management (IAM) is responsible for the day-to-day security of Zalando systems and the various corresponding identities, including those representing our approx. 20 million active customers as well as our ~15k employees and their ~3k applications.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.