ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Fashion Store
Reports to: Product Design Lead
Team Size: 9
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Jenny Bäricke
You’ll be skilled at contributing to a compelling strategy and vision all the way to delivering effective end customer experiences through one of our properties such as Product View, Reviews & Ratings, or Outfits. You’ll ensure that Zalando is top of mind for existing and new customers by discovering needs & insights, experimenting with solutions, and learning about their impact to iterate, all within a cross functional team.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Get to know our customers’ motivations, habits, and fashion discovery trails - both through individual interviews and data mining. Look far and wide to anticipate relevant interaction trends. Within a complex problem space, lead stakeholders to insights into various modes of shopping behavior
- Develop and communicate the user journeys for finding fashion. Define how to map rich metadata to meaningful interaction patterns. Choreograph the interplay between searching, sorting, filtering, tagging, and browsing
- Craft concrete navigation patterns and search interactions. Design search and navigation modules, pages and flows for responsive web and mobile apps. Enable highly desirable, intuitive interfaces
- Build prototypes to generate user insights. Work closely with developers to get your designs built, assuring quality. Measure the impact on personal relevance and iterate to excellence based on data
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Understanding customers, showing empathy at all times and delight first and foremost in serving their needs effectively
- Fluent in UX and / or UI design methods and tools. Orchestrating unified experiences across devices and throughout the customer journey while knowing how to embody specific solutions in a usable and delightful interaction
- Having a generative approach, striving to solve problems in the best way possible through iteration, and are willingness to kill your darlings.
- Bringing users and stakeholders on a journey of increasing intimacy by explaining your designs clearly and telling compelling tales.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.