ABOUT THE TEAM
Reports to: Engineering Lead Payments
Team Size: 5-10
Our team in Dortmund started as a specialist unit handling everything that relates to Payment. Here we develop our monitoring systems, collaborating with payment service providers to find innovative ways to create the most user-friendly checkout experience possible. We continuously add new areas of competency, with teams now focused on the tech challenges connected to mission-critical topics including consumer incentives, inventory management, transportation, fulfillment and stock valuation.
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the fashion store and our other consumer facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as processing of payments and reconciliation in the backend. Through smart risk steering we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will build, scale & continuously improve a variety of web applications that redefine the user experience of our customers & internal stakeholders.
- Based on our microservices architecture, you & your team will own your code. You will decide together but autonomously on the technologies & tools to utilize as well operate large-scale web applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- You & your team will work truly cross-functional with an entrepreneurial mindset & drive the whole development cycle according to its purpose - from implementation to testing and maintenance.
- You will join a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the scalability, performance and user-centricity of our software. You will add value through innovation by leveraging current trends in software design, frameworks and RESTful web services.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Writing high-performance, high-quality, reusable code & using version control systems. You have a strong focus on quality and know how to test frontends.
- Developing features & delivering bug free & fully functional features/products that are well tested & based on user requirements.
- Sharing your knowledge actively within the team but also outside the team by contributing to our growing frontend community and becoming part of our internal Web Guild.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals and parent & child room
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
A key to the success of Europe’s busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.