As a software engineer in the area of “Personalized Content Selection” you work in a data science-heavy area on personalizing the customer experience of Zalando’s Fashion Store. You use state-of-the-art data science infrastructure and personalization techniques.
Your main challenges will include working with large amounts of data and at the same time providing a rock solid low-latency auto-scaling production system. You will be a part of an autonomous and highly ambitious team consisting of experienced software engineers and expert data scientists working on the cutting edge every day.
- You are apart of an agile, cross-functional and experienced team consisting of engineers and data scientists
- You develop software in short release cycles
- You will implement highly scalable personalization solutions with state-of-the-art-technologies which embed the algorithms to learn to pick the right content for each individual customer
- You work on the reliability, monitoring and create an operational understanding of a system on a large scale
- You interact with many other teams with many different backgrounds - technology- and culture-wise
- You will transfer algorithmic prototypes to enterprise level, highly scalable and fault-tolerant solutions using the right technology for the job
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve software solutions that impact millions of Zalando customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 4+ years of experience, working as a (Java or Scala) developer. Computer science or equivalent degree is a plus.
- You have a strong understanding of the JVM.
- You are an advocate of teamwork and agile methodologies
- You have worked with data engineering technology, e.g. Spark, SQL, Airflow, AWS EMR, AWS Data Pipelines
- You are experienced in building and deploying data-driven systems in a cloud environment (preferably AWS)
- You are keen on collaborating closely with data scientists & data analysts
- You have worked with NoSQL databases before (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
- You love to improve & optimize software and to use new technologies
- Experience in Python is a plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our recipe for success: Think big and act fast. Your contribution today will influence millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the opportunity to work for a fast-growing international company that wants to offer the world’s best fashion experience. Obviously, we offer you much more:
- An exceptional opportunity to develop your skill set while learning from a team of top experts who will inspire and support you
- Use of cutting-edge open source technologies and cloud services
- Learning and growth opportunities: weekly tech talks, company-hosted tech meetups, rich team library (which you can expand with your book requests), a possibility of visiting conferences
- We offer fruit baskets, beverages, table soccer, ping pong, gaming consoles and a band room
- Employee discount for all Zalando shop products
- Powerful laptops and other hardware provided
- Through our mentoring program, you will get up to speed and become productive very quickly
- You will never be bored! Zalando offers a very exciting and fun working environment
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes, and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact Katarzyna Nowicka.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.