ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Offprice Tech
Reports to: Data Lead
Team Size: 5+
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Rime Asselman, email@example.com
As a BI Engineer, you will be working with Analysts across the business to design and implement processes that extract, transform, and load data, working with live data streams, and managing and optimizing the data warehouse.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop, implement and maintain sustainable, high-performance data-processing and data integration pipelines using relational/columnar databases and ETL tools.
- Consulting with Analysts to build and continuously improve a variety of data products that create value for our business.
- Be a sparring partner to other members of the team, and provide support and guidance to other engineers to help develop their technical capabilities.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Advanced skills in SQL for relational/columnar databases (Redshift, Oracle, ExaSol), including database administration and optimisation.
- Extensive experience in Data Warehousing using ETL tools (Matillion, Pentaho).
- Experience in cloud technologies (AWS - EC2, S3, Glue, Lambda, Athena, EMR)
- Additionally, experience with Python/Scala and Spark/Databricks is appreciated.
- Experience with Tableau server (troubleshooting and administration).
- The ability to work with Analysts to design technically robust systems that meet the needs of business stakeholders.
- Evidence of establishing best practices within a team, and novel approaches to supporting more junior engineers.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations) diverse sports and health offerings
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Technology & UX/UI Design
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.