ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Digital Experience Hub - Lisbon
Reports to: Managing Director - Zalando Digital Portugal
Team Size: 20+ (our tech hub is growing quickly)
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Antonia Samanns, firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Head of Engineering in Lisbon you have ownership of all business partner products that cater to the needs of our Brands, Influencers and Content Providers. You also have the opportunity of substantially growing our Tech Hub.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Create and maintain strategic and tactical operations, resource plans and goals for your team based on Zalando’s overarching strategy and functional objectives as well as create a vision for your team to follow
- Drive the delivery of a high-performance, scalable and resilient distributed system landscape handling Zalando’s business partner products while continuously enabling a high pace of change and innovations by enabling your engineering teams with clearly set OKRs.
- Attract, develop and retain top engineering talents, whilst cultivating a culture of ownership, autonomy, purpose and accountability
- Facilitate collaboration, communication and decision-making between different engineering teams and stakeholders, particularly with regular business trips to our HQ in Berlin. You and your team partner up with other product and engineering teams of our digital experience platform to directly influence the overall tech strategy and roadmap and the impact of the Lisbon tech hub and Zalando’s overall success.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A leader that enjoys coaching, guiding and inspiring teams, bringing along 5-7 years of people management experience in an agile fast-paced development environment.
- Experienced in building teams from scratch and in designing and operating large-scale applications in a cloud environment, preferably within the e-commerce industry. An excellent understanding on how overall company strategies impact the deliverables of tech teams.
- A thought leader that enjoys attending and sharing experiences with the team, at meetups and conferences.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive package (base and equity), employee share shop, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, lunch allowance, private health insurance, great IT equipment, flexible working times, volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, gym discount
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring, personal development opportunities and self-organized, autonomous teams of international tech professionals
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
At our Zalando Digital Experience (DX) Hub in Lisbon, we are are building unique and engaging customer experiences. Focusing on integrating the most inspirational external content for our visitors, the DX hub will enable new and unique fashion experiences delivered by third parties. By developing and prototyping new projects within the Digital Experience department, our Lisbon team will shape the future of Zalando and set high standards of software craftsmanship, ownership and excellence.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.