ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Zalando Marketing Services (CCP)
Reports to: Product Development Lead
Team Size: <10
Recruiter: Ankita Tomar
For this opening, we are looking for an engineer that will take responsibility for building new products within our programmatic advertising business. We will create products that leverage Zalando’s data and expertise to offer superior products within the programmatic advertising landscape.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design, develop and operate high-load transactional systems in the area of onside advertisement (for example real-time bidding auctioning)
- Maintain, optimize and extend our software infrastructure and toolings to improve our engineering productivity, software quality and operational excellence (high-availability, fault tolerance etc.)
- Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code and decide together on the technologies and tools to utilize as well operate large-scale web applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- Cross-functional way-of-working with an entrepreneurial mindset and drive the whole development cycle according to its purpose - from implementation to testing and maintenance.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience, working as a Java Developer.
- Experience in working with Spring (Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Boot etc…) and related frameworks. And so with Relational and NoSql Databases.
- You are experienced in building, maintaining and improving large Web Applications and REST APIs.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns. You have strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Within Zalando Marketing Solutions we create meaningful connections between brands and consumers through a deep understanding of their personalities. We work with brands, agencies and publishers from fashion and beyond to produce innovative, impactful campaigns that reach the right audience at the right moment. Thanks to its holistic mix of cutting-edge and privacy compliant technology, in-depth audience insights, expansive reach and compelling content brands produce successful campaigns across multiple digital marketing channels.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.