ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Digital Experience - Fashion Store
Reports to: Design Lead
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Jenny Bäricke
You’ll develop user experiences backed by algorithmic based solutions designed to help Zalando customers make sense out of confusing sizing systems, provide recommendations and predictions on customer size & fit choices, and conduct experiments to solve some considerable challenges.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Understand sizing problems, both logistical and psychological, by getting to know our customers -- through both individual interviews and data mining. Hone in on customers’ needs for selecting clothes that fit both their specific body and their preferred style
- Help develop frameworks and algorithms that give retail fashion customers with the information they need to make choices on their size&fit preferences. Work with the team to decide which new technologies (i.e. AR, 3D body scans) actually deliver true customer value -- and how
- Envision and create best-in-class digital touchpoints to deliver great size and fit experiences. Explore how we might motivate customers to give us more and more information about their bodies. Communicate your insights convincingly across the company
- Get prototypes built to generate user insights. Work closely with a variety of multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that comprehensive sizing solutions are built, ensuring a seamless experience for the customer that belies the underlying complexity
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of the right methodologies to understand our customers
- Understanding of service design and methods and tools. Orchestration of unified experiences across devices and throughout the customer journey while knowing how to embody specific solutions in usable and delightful interactions
- Ability to explain designs in a clearly manner, telling compelling tales and solving problems in the best way possible through iteration
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.