YOU ARE READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. Category Management’s task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our systems, KPIs and processes.
As Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer, being part of Category Data Engineering, you will become part of providing consistent data among all tooling in Category Management and other use cases in data intelligence and buying operations. You will collaborate with technical stakeholders across the entire company to consult and support functional stakeholders by providing data-driven solutions to business challenges. You will join our accomplished team of experts in integrating data from many sources into our single-point-of-truth data layer. And you will have the freedom to contribute and build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand—while receiving meaningful support at every step.
YOU ARE SETTING STANDARDS
- You will develop expertise in understanding our business processes and the many related requirements.
- You will collaborate with our BI Analysts to create and implement new initiatives based on our stakeholder requirements.
- You will act as a liaison between your team and other teams within Zalando.
- You will maintain, optimise and extend our data layer infrastructure using Oracle, EXAsol and Pentaho Kettle.
- You will be part of Zalando’s transformation towards a fashion platform based on micro services running on AWS.
YOU ARE SKILLED
- Your experience in SQL and ETL design suffices 8+ (Senior-level) years
- Your experience includes maintaining, refactoring and extending large code bases
- Your experience contains using graphical ETL tools (Pentaho preferred)
- Your experience involves basic Unix shell scripting or Python
- Your way of working shows a preference for agile methodologies
- You are passionate for working with relational databases:
- reading, writing and optimising complex statements
- modelling data structures
- designing ETL processes
- You are able to communicate effectively with diverse teams
- You are fluent in English
YOU ARE OFFERED
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and Leads who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing blog posts to industry networking Community: hack weeks, movie nights, +70 self-organised tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance for internationals
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Emily Nguyen.