Zalon is the successful story of curating and delivering complete outfits for our customers. For that our platform connects customers with fashion experts. Being part of Europe’s Leading Technology Fashion Platform, we live and breathe excellent software engineering.
This is us:
You will work in a small cross-functional team, with great Autonomy and Purpose in close cooperation with Frontend developers, UX, UI, Product Specialists and business stakeholders. The teams are constantly iterating to improve customer experience, optimize our numbers or extend our fashion experts’ tooling. The teams work with full end-to-end responsibility on solving the challenges at hand - starting with ideating over prototyping and user testing to bringing features live and checking their performance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You will work in a cross functional team to autonomously reach business goals your team has decided to reach
- You live and breath software engineering
- You will be the goto person when it comes to architecture and clean code.
- You are known for coaching engineers regarding architecture, clean code, design patterns, refactorings etc
- You know how to get backend engineers excited to transform a vision into reality.
- Strong sense for customer first, business and engineering values.
- Team player by heart, purpose first, ego second; eager to learn and make impact quickly.
- 10+ years experience as SW developer and engineer
- You have driven complex technical solutions from idea to production.
- You stay on top of current trends and technologies and are eager to explore new concepts.
- You have in-depth and hands on experience in OOD and FP, design patterns and DDD
- Proven knowledge and experience in refactoring of legacy systems.
- We would highly appreciate:
- JVM knowledge
- Scala knowledge
- Play framework knowledge
- English language fluency.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, Hack weeks, parties and events.
- Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount at most products sold on the Zalando website and Zalon, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, hardware of your choice.
- Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at related Conferences and Meetups, and encouragement to publish your work.
- Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours. Zalon is a 2.5-year-old start-up backed up by Zalando SE, therefore you can expect that your work will have immediate impact and you will participate in developing significant improvements.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
Please make sure your application is written in English. If you have any questions about our recruiting and hiring processes, or if you are not sure whether your qualifications and work experience is suffice, please contact your recruiter: Andreea Lungulescu