Zalando’s mission is to become the world’s leading platform for connecting fashion with people. Our challenges along the way: handling massive amounts of data; meeting our customers’ constantly changing demands; designing and implementing systems that enable the best merchandising and logistics processes in the industry; and building an architecture and products that truly scale (think “billions of users”).
As a Product Manager in our Dublin Data Infrastructure team you will be responsible for defining the vision and roadmap for Zalando’s product data platform and associated services.
Products are the fundamental building blocks of what we do in Zalando. The Data Infrastructure Platform is where we store and organise our product information and make it easily accessible to multiple stakeholders and applications.
What you do:
The Product Manager works with a team of experienced Product Managers and works with multiple delivery teams to help shape the next generation of our product platform and value-add services.
- Vision: You will help define the Data Infrastructure vision and guide its roadmap from discovery and ideation through to delivery.
- Innovation: You will spot opportunities and develop innovative ideas that capitalise on our unique product data offering.
- Stakeholder management: You will create close relationships with business stakeholders and management in order to align on business priorities.
- Mentor: As a product owner, you will provide leadership and mentoring to the product managers in your team and enable them deliver and succeed
- Leadership: You will lead by example, use influence where necessary to lead diverse teams towards a common objective.
- Data Driven: Data is at the heart of what we do. You will use data to make better decisions. You are familiar with, and have practical experience of, building data centred products and solutions.
What you bring:
- Expertise: You have prior expertise in marketplace products. You have previous professional expertise in product discovery and agile product management. You have a strong business sense and a passion for solving problems that improve processes and drive innovation.
- Master of multiple domains.Can you bridge the gap between business and technology? Can you understand complex business processes, information systems and have a deep understanding of software development life cycle? Great! Do you have a track record of developing successful products?
- Analytical Communicator. Are you a great communicator? Can you really get to the bottom of what users need? Can you ensure that all relevant stakeholders are aware of the product’s progress? Great! But do you also bring the analytical skills and rigor to analyze large sets of data to evaluate opportunities and make well-founded product decisions?
- Effective networker. We rely on people with an agile mindset who work with each other to identify interdependencies, sources of mutual value, but also potential conflicts. How fast can you build your personal network to add value to right discussions and make sure that you leverage synergies and see opportunities? Will people come to you as a thought partner and natural collaboration partner?
- Continuous learner. You define your own KPIs to in order to measure your impact and success of the product. But do you have the passion and drive to keep on top of all of the product innovations out there while refining your toolset and at the same time mentoring your colleagues?
More information can be found on our Blog and a recent video is here
Our Offer to You
As a Product Manager, you will help revolutionize the fashion industry while transforming your career. We will help you develop a personal Tour of Mastery so you can create your own opportunities and take risks. We don’t want you to fear failure—we want you to learn from it!
We know that you can only “give it your best” if you enjoy what you’re doing. Our Weekly Tech Talks; +100 self-organized guilds annual Hack Weeks, and other learning opportunities will enable you to build your own Zalando experience.
We also offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
Interested? Then please send us your application. Or if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
Technology & UX/UI Design
Owen Peter Murray
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.