Zalando is stepping into new adventures. Framed by our overarching strategy to move from an online retail company to a Fashion E-Commerce Platform, we build new businesses and offerings for numerous players of the fashion market. The technical basis for that will be a powerful architecture based on microservices and a cloud-based infrastructure.
We are now searching for a Senior Software Architect (f/m) to join our newly established Architecture Team. Our aim is to help Zalando with its further growth by supporting different teams in solution design development and technology prototyping.
What we are looking for
- You can impress us with 8+ years professional hands-on experience as (senior) engineer and architect in complex development projects of non-small scale companies in the Internet domain like e-commerce, software or infrastructure as a service (SaaS, PaaS), or similar
- You have gained operational experience in distributed large scale applications with high scaling, availability and performance requirements running on cloud-based infrastructure, prior experience as engineering (team) lead is a big plus
- You are proficient in
- (Mobile) web applications and services
- Microservice architecture and Restful API design
- Java and JVM based languages, like Scala
- SQL and Non-SQL data bases (like Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark)
- event data processing (like Kafka, Storm, event sourcing)
- large-scale applications on cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- open source technologies
- You’re brilliant at architecture documentation, balancing technical trade-offs and delivering technical presentations
- Clear communication with strong analytical skills and ability to reduce complexity are your strengths
- As a self-motivated team player you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You’ll provide hands-on support on complex business solution and technology piloting projects
- You’ll act as architect consultant and peer review partner for various teams as well as a mentor and evangelist of architecture principles and visions
- You’ll drive Zalando’s API Guild, Tech Radar and Architecture principles in our polyglot (Scala, Java, Clojure, Python, etc.) and heterogeneous system environment
- You’ll cultivate and disseminate knowledge and best practices on architecture and design development within the engineering organization
- You’ll be the owner of Zalando’s global architecture documentation and ensure its consistency and alignment with different engineering stakeholders
- You’ll embrace architecture development as a team game and share your knowledge through coaching, peer reviews, articles and tech talks
What you can expect from us
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. What you're doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company. What else? We do of course have a lot more to offer:
- Room to grow and have impact
- A highly motivated international team of colleagues who will both inspire and support you
- A unique corporate culture where results are what matter, all within a relaxed office environment
- Internal tech academy, regular tech talks, hack weeks, tech guilds and coder dojos to share your knowledge and experiences
- Personal branding support: from preparing conference talks and blog posts to networking with industry leaders
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our 16+ million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Magdalena Masluk-Meller.