ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Digital Foundation
Reports to: Business Intelligence Lead
Team Size: >5
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Emily Nguyen, email@example.com
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be developing data products that are the core source for embedded BI data teams and different data science initiatives.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design and model data structures and ETL processes that handle large scale data integration as well as business requirements from our stakeholders
- Passion for working with relational databases, you are reading, writing and optimizing complex statements while you maintain and extend our data warehouse infrastructure
- Work closely with our analysts and product specialists to create and implement new products and act as a liaison between your team and other teams within Zalando’s Tech department
- Use state-of-the-art technologies building prototypes to enhance our services and scale efficiently alongside our ever-growing backend systems
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge and have experience within a data-driven environment, an understanding of SQL and programming languages such as PL/SQL, Java, Python. Actively seek opportunities to learn & develop for future challenges
- Understand different data modelling approaches for business intelligence and data warehousing. Experience with relational databases like Oracle, EXASol, PostGres and are able to setup, refactor and extend large code bases within these systems
- Obtained a Bachelor degree in computer science, economics or similar studies
- Expressing your ideas and solutions to fellow engineers as well as to our analysts, documenting your processes alongside your code base is something that comes naturally to you
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
In the Business Intelligence team, you’ll join our accomplished team of experts in integrating and transforming commercial data from many sources into our Data Warehouse and BI landscape. Our challenges include handling massive amounts of data, catering for ever-changing user demands and skill levels, and building an architecture & products that truly scale (> 2000 users).
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.