Scrum Master/Producer - Customer Data Platform
Zalando is transforming from an e-commerce company into a multi-service platform that provides fashion as a service. We make it our mission to imagine and predict the infinite points of interaction between fashion and people - and develop the technology to make this possible. The 1,300 members of the overall Zalando tech team build most of our 40+ platform products in-house and open source.
The Customer Data Platform insights team learns from customers behaviours so that we can provide Zalandos customers with an inspirational experience and engage them on our platform. We do this through a variety of cutting edge machine learning methods on streaming data to build recommender systems, propensity models, graph analysis and predictive analytics.
We own and develop a cloud-based microservices architecture that combines large scale machine learning with live services - we work with a leading edge technology stack comprised of Scala, Python, Java, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, Play, RESTful APIs, BigQuery, AWS and Docker amongst others - check our Tech Radar for more information on the technologies we use.
What we are looking for
- You have 4-5 years of Software Project Management or Software Product Management experience, ideally in an e-commerce company
- You have sound knowledge and experience of managing and supporting software development using industry standard agile project management methodologies
- You have effectively managed features and requirements documents, project management documents and team roadmaps. You are able to bring a team together to craft a joined up plan, you understand risk mitigation and dependency management.
- Activities such as Backlog grooming, Task Prioritisation, Roadmap Management, Daily Standups, User stories, Product/Feature Mockups and Processes diagrams are in your DNA
- You have strong communication skills and actively drive projects, breaking down complex problems into manageable, structured work packages. You effectively manage stakeholders and third party expectations and undertake periodic, appropriate reporting
- You have drive and are you motivated to get things done. You lead by example, you talk data, you facilitate, you resolve, you negotiate and get things done
- You thrive in an international environment and are fluent in verbal and written English
- You will be the organisational engine of your team, responsible for managing product releases and executing the end-to-end integration plan
- Your main focus will be on non-core-engineering tasks to enable successful end-to-end delivery and operation. You will be expected to manage your team’s external project dependencies, external deliverables and roadmaps
- You will refine requirements from Business KPIs, features and user stories
- Your special focus will be on ensuring all end-to-end delivery tasks are completed for a successful product release
- You will be part of an engineering team and you will play key role in facilitating the team to take them forward. On a day-to-day basis, you will work very closely with the team and will facilitate taking decisions as a unit
What you can expect from us
- Autonomy and trust to deliver using agile techniques in an entrepreneurial environment
- A career development path developed jointly with you with potential for developing breadth and depth in skill set
- A unique corporate culture where results are what matters, all within a relaxed office environment
- A highly motivated international team of colleagues who will both inspire and support you
Want to join us?
Then go ahead and apply! If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org